18.2.16

Poppy's Hero by Rachel Billington

Hello! I'm am here with my first official post, a book review of Poppy's Hero by Rachel Billington. It is about a girl named Poppy and when she discovers that her father is in prison, she is angry. Seeing her wonderful father in a London prison looking pale and sad makes her think of a brilliant idea: to free her father. She and her friends invent all kinds of escape plans for him - until she hears that he has been removed to a prison far away on an island, with five years to serve. Can she help him?

Front Cover:

First of all, I just have to say, I LOVE the fonts for the title. *checks the font* Airplanes in the Night Sky and Red Velvet. Yes, I actually went and checked the fonts - #dontjudgemeimobsessedwithit
Moving on, I love the photo - I mean who doesn't like the seaside? The way the sun hits on the water is really beautiful,  and I think the seagulls in the background give it a nice finishing touch.  The reason why I picked this particular book out of the library was because it made you feel really calm and relaxed, which is good marketing by the publishers Frances Lincoln Children's books.






 
Here are a few quotes on the book:
‘This book is an excellent read and can be enjoyed by adults as well as younger people. With an original storyline, interesting format and a believable ending this book is an excellent addition to the library stock.’The School Librarian
 
‘Sharply realistic' Books for Keeps
 
‘A fast moving story about family, friends and adventure’ Carousel
 
I would recommend Poppy's Hero to children from 9-12 year olds who like a bit of drama, escape and mystery!

There also is another book called Poppy's Angel which I'm going to read soon.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant book review Ines! I'm so happy your blog has relaunched :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my posts! It really makes my day! But just remember, unicorns and narwhals like it positive! :)